– Status: CEO SYBER B.V. A Dutch Cybersecurity Firm
– Member since: July 2015
– Languages: Dutch, German and English
– Geographic coverage: International. Based in the Netherlands.
– My clients are: Multinationals, Local and International Governments, CxO’s of industry, Military and medium large enterprises. We are mainly operation in the Netherlands, but with a strong customer focused international presence.
– What I do: Our role is to advise enterprise customers, governments and their vendors on how to solve cybersecurity related and compliance issues, Cloud computing and Enterprise security architectures.
– How it helps: New technologies, new regulations, new threats and changes to the business (such as globalization) affect enterprise cybersecurity posture and dictate how organizations should prepare for incidents. Overall, it means more incidents, higher stakes and increased detection, investigation and overall response. In short growing complexity. We are making these challenges more down to earth and address the right things within the right context. So the organizations are prepared and ready to embed cyber resilience in standard processes.
– My background: Before SYBER I was Chief Security Advisor of Microsoft. As a reserve Lieutenant Colonel in the Royal Netherlands Air Force, I was responsible for the initial security requirements for the Dutch F-16 Replacement program and chaired the joint working group on behalf of the Ministry of Defense (MoD) and the Department of Economic Affairs regarding information security and compliance in the Maintenance Repair and Overhaul program. I’m retired from MoD in 2009. And worked parallel as Sr. Information Risk manager at one of the largest financial institutions in Europe where I was responsible for cybersecurity and compliance (DNB, EU, Privacy etc.) including the annual control risk self-assessments of the Board of Directors.
I have a Ph.D. In Philosophy and Business Ethics
I’m a guest researcher at the US National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) in the area of Information security (special bulletins), and participating in the Horizon 2020 program of the EU (security) as reviewer/scientific researcher. I’m also active as independent reviewer for security programs for the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA).
My passion is flying