Sheikh Kabir Ahmed
Consultant in capacity building on CyberSecurity
– Status: Managing Director and CEO of OraTech Consulting Ltd, an IT Management and Cyber Security Company.
– Member since: March 2017
– Languages: English and Bengali
– Geographic coverage: Bangladesh
– My clients are: Private & public sectors
– What I do: I provide ICT Consultancy to create IT Road map for the organization; Consultancy on awareness building on Cyber Security and Policy advocacy; Suggesting and promoting Advanced Cyber Security product; IT Advisory services.
– My background: I am currently the Managing Director and CEO of OraTech Consulting Ltd, an IT Management and Cyber Security Consultancy House, dedicated to provide ICT based Management Consultancy and specialized Advanced Cyber Security Consultancy and Products for the Bangladesh market.
I first studied and worked in England as a Certified Accountant for 15 years before I came back to Bangladesh to set up the first Software and Information Technology Company in 1989. I then became Managing Director of IBCS-PRIMAX Software (Bangladesh) Ltd, which is the pioneer and largest software and IT Company in Bangladesh. I co-founded the Software Association “Bangladesh association of Software and Information Services (BASIS)” and was elected Director for two terms. I worked for the promotion of the Bangladesh Software and Services industry locally and internationally. In addition, I am one of the promoters of the Digital Bangladesh concept announced by the Prime Minister of Bangladesh.