Cybersecurity strategy consultant
– Status: Consultant located in the Washington DC area; management consulting with regard to cybersecurity, cybercrime, privacy and information risk management; brand protection and anti-fraud programs.
– Member since: October 2016
– Languages: English, French, Chinese
– Geographic coverage: North America, Europe, and Asia
– My clients are: Corporate security, legal and risk management professionals of large and medium companies of various sectors (pharmaceutical, technology, online real estate platforms, nongovernment organizations, government contractors, etc.), operating in the United States and internationally with regard to brand protection and cybersecurity strategies.
– What I do: I help companies and organizations assess and develop cybersecurity governance and risk management programs: provide strategic cybersecurity consulting, training and awareness for company executives and boards of directors, data privacy and information risk management, cybersecurity strategies and assessments, cybersecurity capacity building; brand protection strategies and anti-fraud investigations.
– How it helps: Through my consulting work and assistance with regard to cybersecurity governance and risk management strategies, my clients are able to achieve a greater level of cyber preparedness and data protection that enables them to address the current rising threat. Companies and organizations have begun to realize that cyber-attacks are inevitable and a reality of our connected world. Cybersecurity programs must be agile enough to meet rapidly changing risks. Compliance with government mandates is not sufficient to prevent data breaches and cyber-attacks such as distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks or ransomware attacks– an acceptable level of security can only be achieved through risk- based strategies. In addition, due to my background in international law enforcement, I am able to assist my clients by building effective public-private partnerships and leveraging my international network of relationships to assist them in achieving Cybersecurity objectives.
– My background: Prior to starting LaMagna and Associates, a Cyber security and brand protection consultancy, I served as Director of Worldwide Anti-Piracy Investigations at Microsoft and later as Director of Worldwide Law Enforcement Training and Outreach for the Microsoft Legal Internet Safety Team. While there I developed and led very successful enforcement strategies and collaborative relationships by supporting U.S. and international law enforcement agencies, to include the FBI, the United States Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and INTERPOL. I also led Microsoft’s Online Child Safety Strategy and was the primary contact with the National and International Centers for Missing and Exploited Children, the Internet Crimes against Children (ICAC) Task Forces and many foreign enforcement agencies. One of my primary roles was to manage a global law enforcement training program designed to develop Cybercrime investigative skills for foreign law enforcement officials. The program was sponsored by Microsoft and conducted jointly with INTERPOL and the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC). My recruitment by Microsoft in 1999 followed a 28-year U.S. federal law enforcement career that culminated as Deputy Chief of Intelligence, U.S. Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Headquarters. I also served as Director of Counternarcotics at the White House, National Security Council and as Section Chief, FBI HQ. As a consultant, I have worked extensively with the world’s leading pharmaceutical and technology companies to address the online sale of counterfeit and diverted products as well as online fraud. My clients include Fortune 500 drug companies and high-tech companies, eBay, the CoStar Group, the Lafayette Group, the UN Office of Drug Control, and the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW). I am a member of ISACA where I am a Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM) and a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) by the American Society of Industrial Security; a graduate of Gettysburg College (B.A) and Georgetown University (Master of Liberal Studies) Washington, D.C.