Regional Head Asia Pacific CyAN
– Status: Regional Head (Asia Pacific) CyAN, Founder Coroneos Cyber Intelligence, Former Chief Executive Internet Industry Association (Australia)
– Member since: January 2017
– Languages: English
– Geographic coverage: Available internationally. Based in Sydney, Australia
– My clients are: Corporate Boards, Local, Regional and Multi-National Corporations
– What I do:
– Leadership and advisory roles, Board guidance on cyber risk management and response.
– Crisis communications guidance
– Policy development
– Public speaking, media interviews and issues commentary
– How it helps: Organisation-wide threat awareness and behavioral change; Safeguarding critical information assets and processes; enabling organisations to thrive in the evolving cyber landscape.
– My background: Led Internet Industry Association 1997-2011. Qualified in law, science and education. Recognised authority in cyber governance. Pioneered the development of icode (world best practice management of botnets on ISP networks) Twice invited to White House to advise Obama administration cybersecurity leadership team, advisor to industry and governments, pioneer of national anti-virus anti-spam, and anti-spyware initiatives in Australia. Expert in development of best practice standards, governance, education of political leaders, boards, media and public, public/private partnerships to address cyber threats. Principal author of policy manifesto and national broadband targets underpinning Australian national broadband network. Subject matter expert in cyber security, online child protection, privacy, digital copyright and broadband policy. Represented internet industry to Senate, Joint and House committees. Extensive media and international speaking experience. Long term collaboration with international affiliates and counterparts. Passionate contributor to a safer, faster and fairer internet for all.