– Status: Managing director, B.M.Consulting Ltd. – cybersecurity, government affairs and renewable energy; Partner, corporate relations, Technopolis Innovation Center Ltd. – acceleration programs, funding for IT startups.
– Member since: May 2016
– Languages: English, Russian, Hungarian
– Geographic coverage: International, based in Budapest, Hungary
– My clients are: Multinationals, Public Sector, SMEs, startups
– What I do: Consulting, training, coaching on security, cybersecurity, regulatory issues, innovation; addressing national cybersecurity strategies and assessments; providing help in cybersecurity capacity building.
– How it helps: I advise my customers on how to solve cybersecurity problems, how to integrate cybersecurity in their business strategy, provide consulting services in business development and acceleration programs for IT startups with special interest in connecting to the Silicon Valley ecosystem.
– My background: I served as a career diplomat with the Hungarian foreign service for nearly two decades. A few of my assignments at home and abroad: deputy state secretary for multilateral relations, one of the state secretaries overseeing integration of Hungary into the EU; ambassador, permanent representative of Hungary to the UN, consul general of Hungary in New York. My international diplomatic assignments related mainly to international security and nuclear nonproliferation (e.g. chairman of NPT review conferences). From 2007 to 2014 I worked for Cisco as executive director with responsibilities in government affairs, business development and cybersecurity. I participated in the Cybersecurity Working Group of Cisco’s Government Affairs team, supported cyber-related projects of local sales teams and public sector vertical in the CEE and SEE regions.