Jean-Christophe Le Toquin
– Status: Managing partner at SOCOGI SAS, management consulting on cybersecurity, cybercrime & privacy
– Member since : Founding member
– Languages: French, English
– Geographic coverage: International. Based in Paris, France.
– My clients are: CxOs and board members of IT and cybersecurity companies, large and medium companies of all sectors (industry and banks), operating in France, Europe, and internationally, as well as public institutions (European Commission, Council of Europe).
– What I do: I provide strategic advice on cybersecurity, fight against cybercrime and privacy.
– How it helps: I help my clients to integrate cybersecurity in their business strategy, whether they need cybersecurity or they provide cybersecurity products and services. In our competitive environment, people are pushed to differentiate by going always deeper in their expertise. This trend leaves little time to think across disciplines, reconcile different approaches, leverage new skills, which undermines the capacity to succeed. By understanding the broader environment, with integrity and sustainability in mind, cybersecurity becomes a key component to achieve your goals.
– My background: From 2003 to 2013, I have been in charge of cybercrime matters (litigation, cooperation and capacity building) at Microsoft EMEA. Before, I was for 5 years the founding Director of the Internet Service Providers Association AFA and its hotline against illegal content Point de Contact. From 2009 to 2013 I reorganised the governance and chaired Signal Spam, a national platform against spam and phishing, turning it into a sustainable and respected public-private partnership. In total I bring more than 15 years of experience in helping industry and public authorities to improve cybersecurity and fight against cybercrime.