Attorney at law
– Status: Attorney at law at Paris and Brussels Bars – Partner at Bird & Bird Law firm
– Member since : September 2015
– Languages: French, English
– Geographic coverage: International. Based in Paris (France) and Brussels (Belgium).
– My clients are: large and medium companies of all sectors (financial institutions and also Fintech, technology and communication, media, sport, entertainment, e-commerce, gambling, gaming, energy, retail, life sciences and healthcare…), operating in France, Belgium, Europe, and internationally.
– What I do: I provide a Franco-Belgium practice. Through an experience in tackling complex regulatory, data security and privacy issues, I am able to develop cutting edge solutions for my clients. I am also perfectly positioned to assist clients with their European concerns with our office in Brussels. I assist clients for their contract review, negotiation, litigation or pre-litigation with national and European authorities.
– How it helps: Lawyer with a results oriented approach, I help my clients with a creative and practical orientation in order to find a way to overcome challenges, develop and protect their business in Europe. As a partner at Paris and Brussels offices, client takes advantage to have a single point of contact in both countries and to benefit of a perfect symbiosis of French and Belgian procedures and regulations. We can work collaboratively with other law firm of our network when needed.
– My background: Passionate about information technology and communication, I hold a PhD in private law at the University of Montpellier on “Electronic Payment: How to build trust in online payment?”. I co-founded in 2002 a website specialized on IT regulation and technical information (www.njuris.com) and published in 2005 (editions Hermes Lavoisier) a book entitled “Online payment, legal and technical aspects”. I am specialized on IT Law, cybersecurity, privacy and regulatory issues (finance, gambling, eHealth). With a pioneering position on electronic transactions, electronic signature, biometric. I have acquired an advanced experience in the financial regulatory and supervisory support for innovative banking services (e-payment, e-money, mobile banking, virtual currency, crowdfunding, KYC, compliance …) and also for gambling/gaming activities (lotteries, poker, game of chance, skill game, video game…). For several years I participated in various working group, journals, scientific conferences and television programs in France/Belgium and abroad and I am a lecturer since 2007 at the University P. Cézanne (Aix-Marseille III), and since 2013 at the University of Montpellier.